The Trinity Attenuating Crash Cushions™ Family (TRACC™ Family) feature a complete line of re-directive, non-gating crash cushions that are available in a variety of lengths for a variety of highway speeds. The 14’ – 3” (4.3 m) SHORTRACC™, the 21’ – 3” (6.5 m) TRACC™, the 26’ (7.9 m) FASTRACC™, and the variable width/length WIDETRACC™ come fully assembled for fast and cost-effective installation.
Trinity Highway Products manufactures the TRACC™ Family with galvanized, all-steel construction that reduce concern of product deterioration from the sun’s ultra-violet rays and extends service life with minimal maintenance by end users. Interchangeable components facilitate swift and inexpensive repairs for state and federal departments of transportation.
The TRACC™ Family of crash cushions includes TRACC™, a narrow Test Level 3 cushion; SHORTRACC™, a narrow Test Level 2 cushion; FASTRACC™, a narrow Test Level 3 crash cushion with additional capacity for head-on impacts up to 70 mph (113 kph). The WIDETRACC™ is available in varying lengths, widths, and test levels (per design speed). It can be configured for any appropriate wide application.
- Galvanized all-steel construction for longer life and durability.
- No cartridges or black boxes.
- Only visual maintenance required unless impacted.
- A variety of backup width options with WIDETRACC™.
- “Wing Extensions”.
- Multiple speed options.
- Fewer anchor bolts than other products.
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 2 and Test Level 3 compliant.
Back-Up Structure Attachments:
- Concrete barrier(s)
- Bridge parapet(s)
- Bridge pier(s)
- Square block(s)
Installation and Repair Advantages:
- Can be installed on new or existing concrete or asphalt pad.
- Open design facilitates easy installation, inspection, and repair.
- Units ship fully assembled. (Can be shipped unassembled upon request.)
The Crash Cushion Attenuating Terminal (CAT® 350) is an energy-absorbing attenuator available for use where blunt ends of rigid barriers, W-beam and fixed objects are in the median or on the shoulder. NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant.
- CAT® 350 can be used as a W-beam barrier end treatment as a crash cushion either in the median or on the shoulder.
- Various post and post/sleeve options are available.
- Long lasting, durable galvanized components.
Assembly and Maintenance
- No torque requirements on bolts.
- Requires no concrete pads (can be installed in soil). Foundations and deadmen anchors are not required.
- Components at or below grade are typically found undamaged after impact, allowing for simple repair and replacement of damaged parts.
- System Length: 31′-3″ (9.52 m)
- System Width: 22.5″ (572 mm) Inside
- System Width: 29″ (737 mm) Outside
- System Height: 27.75″ (705 mm)
- Total Number of Breakaway Posts: 6
- Redirective Capability (LON), Begins at Post 4 From Nose
The Advanced Dynamic Impact Extension Module (ADIEM™) is a cost effective energy-absorbing system that utilizes lightweight, crushable concrete modules. Enhanced coatings and optional covers provide additional protection from the elements.
- No site-specific foundation pad needed. Can be placed on existing surfaces such as concrete, asphalt or compacted soil/base material.
- Composed of three component groups; reinforced concrete base, engineered lightweight concrete modules, and anchor brackets.
- Re-directive capability. (Beginning Length of Need at 15’ (4.6 m) from nose.)
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant.
Installation and Repair Advantages:
- Pinned anchorage allows unit to be moved and relocated quickly.
- All ten lightweight modules are common in design and composition, requiring no sequence priority when attaching or replacing damaged modules.
- Impact damage to the product is typically confined to the modules making repair a simple process.
- Contains no torque-sensitive bolts.
- No concrete to pour.